Monday, November 24, 2014

Cree Light Bulbs - A company that stands behind their product


About 6 months ago I replaced all the light bulbs in our house with Cree LED light bulbs.  This is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but I was waiting for the technology to improve, and for the price to come down.  I saw several reviews online of the newer Cree LED light bulbs and was impressed with them from a technological standpoint.  I also like the "color" of the light bulbs, they are very close to incandescent bulbs, not the blue-tint often found in CFL and many LEDs.  They are also one of the most energy efficient bulbs at less than 10W for a 60W equivalent.  And lastly, the price is under $10 a bulb at Home Depot.

After replacing all the bulbs in my house, the bulbs worked great and looked great.  However, a few weeks ago one of the bulbs started to flicker on and off.  Whereas these bulbs have a 10 year warranty, I didn't keep the receipt because they were working great for months so assumed I didn't need them anymore.  So technically that was my fault and I should have to buy a new bulb.

I decided to call Cree sales and support and speak to them.  The nice representative said they would ship out a replacement bulb at no cost to me.  I didn't have to send the defective bulb back, provide proof of purchase, etc.  I was very impressed with this level of support.  They clearly stand behind their products.  If you are looking to replace some or all of the light bulbs in your house with LED bulbs, I highly encourage you to look at Cree (no pun intended).  They have an awesome product with great support!

1 comment: