Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Useful utility - HardwareMonitor

It has been a while since I posted a new "useful utility" but I recently found another great program called HardwareMonitor. It's from the same great people who brought you CPU-Z. What's great about this program is the system information it shows you. Most computers have sensors in them; sensors to detect temperature, voltages, fan speeds, etc. Whereas these sensors can track useful information, the problem is there is no easy way to see the output from these sensors. That's where HardwareMonitor comes into play.

HardwareMonitor finds all the sensors in your system and then displays their output in real-time. I was shocked to see how many sensors are in my computer. For example, my CPU has a thermal sensor per core. My video card has both a thermal sensor and a voltage sensor. My motherboard has tons of voltage sensors, fan speed sensors, and additional thermal sensors. Heck, even my hard drive has two thermal sensors on it.

This information is very useful if you're trying to track down a hardware problem. Beyond that it's just cool information to see. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment