Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nintendo, are you kidding me?

So last week we bought a Nintendo Wii, the first new video game console I've purchased in over 20 years. I knew beforehand that the Wii does not have HDMI since the Wii doesn't even have HD graphics. But what shocked the heck out of me was the fact that the Wii comes standard with a composite video connector. Are you joking Nintendo!?! Manufactures want their console to look the best right, so why use such an old outdated connector?

Let me put this into perspective. In 1985 here in the US (1983 in Japan) the Nintendo Entertainment System was released, and that system used composite video. A full 27 years later the Nintendo Wii still uses the same composite video. Seriously, is Nintendo aware that technology has progressed in that time? I've already purchased a component video cable and the difference is very noticeable. Nintendo should include the component cable standard and anyone with an old TV should have to buy the composite cable.

Nintendo, let me make this real easy for you:

1 comment:

  1. We have a Wii as well, it's fun to play initially but gets boring real fast. We have a hand full of games, and the ones the kids love is Wii Sports (the bundled game). The PS3 gets more use though.

    ReplyDelete