Friday, January 6, 2012

Chrome is #2 browser

This week various tech news sites reported that Google's Chrome is now the second most used browser, behind Microsoft's IE and overtaking Mozilla's Firefox. For me this is kind of bittersweet. Don't get me wrong, I like Chrome and I despise IE. But I personally feel like Firefox is a better browser. I feel that Firefox has:

  1. A better UI. I've never been a fan of skinned applications.
  2. A larger better selection of extensions/add-ons.
  3. More control to customize the browser just the way you want.


On top of all this, I would say that Firefox is just as fast and uses memory just as efficiently as Chrome.

Again, don't get me wrong. I'm pleased to see IE use is declining! I have never liked IE, any browser is better than IE. I just hope Firefox continues to gain in popularity just as fast as Chrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment