Friday, January 6, 2012

Faxes are dying, get with the times!

Several times recently I've needed to submit some paperwork to a bank or other business. They told me I could mail it in or fax it to them. I asked them if they would take an email with the scanned document in it. They said no, it had to be mail or fax.

What!?! Seriously, get with the times. No one uses the post office, and fax machines are old too. What's so special about a fax over a emailed digital copy anyway? Faxes are just as easy to fake as a digital copy. Heck, I would argue since the resolution on faxes is so low that digital copies are far superior.

There are definitely areas of society that are doing a poor job of adapting to all this new technology.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, preach it brother! They are getting harder and harder to support to. With digital phones being used everywhere analog faxes are failing more and more. Get with the times people!

    ReplyDelete