Monday, December 31, 2012

Repairing Scratched Discs

Recently I bought a used Wii game, but when I tried the game out it wouldn't load.  Looking at the disc is had quite a few scratches on the disc.  Am I out of luck, or is there anything I can do to fix this?  I've seen tons of fixes on the Internet using polish, toothpaste, wax, etc.  I've tried some on the past with no success, so I wasn't wanting to try that again.  But I have seen sellers on eBay that use professional machines to resurface damaged discs.  I decided to give this a try and blog the results.

The process is simple.  You buy the auction on eBay, they give you an address to mail your scratched disc to, they resurface the disc and mail it back to you.  Pretty simple, and the turn around was quick too.  I got my disc back in a few short days.  But would it work?  I put the disc back into my Wii and it works perfectly!  Looking at the disc I'm not surprised it works, the process took away every single scratch.  I wish I took a before picture, but now the disc looks brand new.

The best part is, this process is pretty cheap.  It only costs $2.50 which includes resurfacing the disc and mailing it back to you.  There are several sellers on eBay that offer this service, but I went with "euro-am."  If you have scratched discs, keep this in mind as a relatively cheap way to fix the disc.

No comments:

Post a Comment