Friday, July 8, 2011

Top 6 Nintendo Entertainment System Games



Even though I didn't own an NES, my best friend did. So I've played a good number of NES games. Below are my top 6 NES games. This list was hard for me to come up with, mainly because there are so many NES games and I've played so few of them.

6. 3D World Runner

I think this was the NES equivalent to Space Harrier, which is probably why I liked this game. Not as good as Space Harrier, but still fun. This game is different in that you run on the ground instead of fly, although he is capable of jumping pretty darn high.

5. Gradius

Again, I love my shoot 'em ups, and this is one of the few I've played on the NES. One thing I'll say about this game is it's hard. If you die you lose all your power-ups and you're as good as gone. It's nearly impossible to survive the later levels without your power-ups.

4. Bubble Bobble

My friend and I use to spend hours playing this game. Loads of fun if you have a friend, less fun by yourself.

3. Metroid

I've never even come close to passing this game, but still I pick it up and play it whenever I can. It's fun to explore and see what new weapons and defenses you can find.

2. Super Mario Bros.

It's pretty amazing that such an old game has held up as well as this one did. Usually the "launch titles" with a console are not that good. It takes a while before the programmers really learn how to take advantage of the system's capabilities. So the fact that SMB was the first NES game and shines as brightly as it does now is an indicator of how good this game really is. It's easily one of the best video games EVER, on any system, modern or old.

1. Super Mario Bros. 3

Can there be any other victor on the NES? SMB3 is the pinnacle of NES games. The controls are absolutely perfect, lots of secrets to find, plenty of unique power-ups. This is game is just awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment