Monday, November 28, 2011

Star Wars Lego ornaments

With Christmas fast approaching I thought it might be time for a Christmas related post. Last year I discovered a build your own Death Star Christmas tree ornament made out of Legos. This kit is not an official kit, so you can't buy it in stores. Instead, you need to log onto Lego's Pick a Brick website and order the pieces manually. I received this as a gift last Christmas, so this year is the first year our Christmas tree is decorated with a Lego Death Star.


This kit is "cool" on so many levels. It's Star Wars and it's Legos, both of which were a huge part of my childhood. Even though this kit is not official, it's done very nicely. The instructions are as easy to follow as a genuine kit. It's made out of genuine Lego pieces. And the end product looks very cool. I highly recommend this for any Star Wars and Lego fan. It is a bummer that you have to order the pieces manually. But the cost is reasonable. I believe it was just under $20, which included shipping.

New for this year is a build your own Millennium Falcon Christmas tree ornament Lego kit. I can see it now, in a few short years my Christmas tree will be nothing but Star Wars ornaments made out of Legos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment