Thursday, November 3, 2011

Watch Bing bleed!

I know I just made an anti-IE post, but I wanted to follow up with an anti-Bing post. It's not that I'm trying to rag on Microsoft. A lot of what they do is great, I mean heck my day job is as a Windows programmer so I owe my existence to them. But that's not to say I have to love everything they do.

Case in point - Bing. I have never been a huge fan of Bing. I'll admit, it's probably the second best browser out there, but the question remains, why use Bing when Google exists? Apparently I'm not alone in this thinking, and Microsoft has been loosing some serious money with Bing. To quantify it, between June 2009 and September 2011 Microsoft lost $5.5 billion dollars! And to make matters worse, the rate of loss is increasing not decreasing. Just check out this graph:


Whether or not you like Bing, this trend cannot continue. So either Microsoft will have to make drastic changes and/or cuts to Bing, or Bing will cease to exist before to long. Should be interesting to see happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment